Scroll Down to Watch the Video
10. Some Species Are Returning from the Brink of Extinction
Conservation efforts pay off, and that’s what the Conservation Optimism Summit celebrates every year.
That’s where we learned more than a few species have come back from the brink of extinction. Check out the list of good things to celebrate this year:
- The Reef Manta Ray on South America’s coast
- The Giant Panda in China
- The Large Blue Butterfly in Northern Europe
- The Arabian Oryx in Egypt and Saudi Arabia
- The Tasmanian Devil in—where else?—Tasmania
- The Echo Parakeet on Reunion and Mauritus Islands
One of the largest misconceptions in wildlife conservation is the view that it doesn’t help, or that people can’t do anything in their everyday lives. These efforts do pay off, and we can see it happening every year.
Source: The Guardian