Although you might not have been able to tell from your social media streams or by watching the evening news (if you’re old school like that), but 2017 was a year that people still managed to make some forward progress on the knowledge acquisition front.
In amongst new revelations involving ancient history covering everything from dinosaurs to vikings and present-day outer space “Eureka!” moments, 2017 brought us this damn informative discovery: people who drop curse words into their conversations are more honest. Thanks to researchers at the Department of Work and Psychology at Maastricht University and their study’s 276 participants who had their honesty levels measured via an Eysenck Personality Questionnaire, potty-mouthed individuals are in fact more honest than those people who shy away from using the occasional f-bomb.
Not to toot our own honesty horn, but this is where we get to remind you that the name of this website is Interesting Shit…
Story by Jay Moon
- Frankly, We Do Give a Damn
- Albert Einstein’s Neutron Star Collision Roadmap
- Homo sapiens are 100,000 years older than we thought
- Ticks That Fed on Dinosaurs Found Trapped in Amber
- First genetic proof that women were Viking warriors
- Mysterious Void In Great Pyramid Discovered Using Cosmic Rays
- Largest-Known Dinosaur Footprint Discovered in Western Australia
- There’s a deeper fish in the sea
- Massive Iceberg Breaks Off from Antarctica
- Newly discovered nearby planet could support life